Cart abandonment is a common issue for online retailers. Shoppers might exit without following through on the purchase due to price, a lengthy checkout process or other reasons.
The average eCommerce cart abandonment rate is nearly 70%, according to research by the Baymard Institute.*
Fortunately for retailers, improving the usability of your website and optimizing online payment acceptance can improve conversion rates and significantly boost your bottom line.
Here are some ways to simplify your customers’ online checkout experience:
- Provide free or reduced shipping.
- Enable guest checkout. Requiring customers to create an account or sign into their existing account can be a hindrance.
- Offer one-click payment. Busy consumers are wary of complicated checkout processes.
- Eliminate surprise costs. Make it easy for a user to see up front the final cost, including taxes, shipping and discounts.
- Implement a digital wallet. Allowing customers to pay how they want will help to create a more efficient checkout process.
- Make it mobile friendly.
- Prioritize security. This means securing your entire website, not just your payment page.
- Be available. In this self-service era, it’s even more important than ever for customers to be able to reach you when they need you.
Visit Elavon.com to learn more about online payment acceptance options.