Federated Insurance has announced that Baker Implement of Kennett, MO is the 2023 winner of the Safety & Loss Award. The award was presented to the Baker Implement team at NAEDA’s North American Dealer Conference Awards Banquet that was held in Dallas, TX on January 30, 2024.
Baker Implement was acknowledged for their excellent record of safety and risk management over the past number of years. Their safety initiatives include:
- The employees have an incentive opportunity for Workers Compensation as a reminder each day to be safe. And it works as their WC Experience Mod is a .84 (1.00 is average).
- They aggressively manage their claims and have “Claims Calls” with the Federated Claims department every other month.
- Safety meetings are held at each location.
- A focus on safe driving is continuous.
- They continually have their store managers and service managers involved in risk management training.
Baker Implement is also one of the few multi-store dealerships that have received such recognition over the years. The dealership started in 1938 as an International Harvester dealer. Within 10 years, it was one of the very few dealerships in the country that was a multi-location dealership. They currently are a 13-location dealership network with locations in Missouri and Arkansas. They have been a long time NAEDA supporter and member of the association.
Federated Insurance has presented a Safety & Loss Award to dealers for the past 9 years. Federated Insurance’s roots with the equipment dealer network are deep; they became a company as a result of an equipment dealer association in meeting in 1904.
Presenting the award to Baker Implement was Jerry Leemkuil, Equipment Dealer Specialist at Federated Insurance. Accepting the award on behalf of Baker Implement was Blake Thomas, James Sloan, Dustin Reece, Jesse Brown and Stephen Riggs.
The NAEDA Board of Directors would also like to extend their congratulations to Baker Implement on this impressive achievement.
Article Provided by Federated Insurance